A 2D space shooter built in Lua using the Love engine, the project began with most of its assets and code already completed, I was tasked with adding one new mechanic to the game and creating a variety of utility functions to fix bugs, add functionality, and bring the game to a working state.
- parseDelimitedString() - Parses a delimited string into a single index table.
- readHighScore() - Reads the highscore file and returned a key/value table of initials and highscores
- checkHighScore() - Checks a value against current highscores, and returns an integer representing that value's rank in the highscore
- updateZigZag() - Moves a sprite in a zig-zag pattern across the screen
- rectsCollide() - Tests if two rectangular objects are colliding and returns a boolean result
- readCSVFile() - reads a CSV file and returns a table of the lines read
- loadCSVData() - Uses readCSVFile and parseDelimitedString to build a key/value table from a CVS file, using the first row as keys, and subsequent rows as data.
- speedPickup() - An item that increases the player's movement speed
- gameSpeedUp() - Increases the scroll rate of the game world
- gameSpeedDown() - Decreases the scroll rate of the game world